1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch from Hershey?? Cool!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Steve9, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

landscaper here carried it. it's terrible. small SHARP ;ight pieces. it blows, and floats away super easy. it does not mesh ot "net" together

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

It is mostly used in small flower gardens by the gardeners around here.

4. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

Might be good as abed enhancer if it's cheap enough.

5. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Oh Yes! We have sold bags of this this spring and they sold like crazy! They came in 2 cu ft bags. We were having to order more pallets of them at least once a week! They only problems I've found is that they grow some kind of orange-ish fungus if its left inside the bag for a long period of time, especially when humid. But on the bright side-your whole car smells like chocolate!!

Jason

6. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Jason, what are they running per skid? I might get some to sell next year, but I have to see how fast it goes. Got any numbers as far as how much you sold per month? I sold bulk mulch earlier this year and it was going fairly fast. But anything to make money is better than nothing.

Chris

7. Wolfie's L&L

Per skid I do not know for sure. I think the skid ran about 50-60 bags. I will check with my manager on the exact price.

Yea bulk mulch is really a hot seller here, especially in the spring-March to June.

Where are you located in Dover?

Jason

8. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Man those trees are getting to ya......just kidding. We talked before, I'm up here on Sky Top Trail, just above Farrell's and about 10 min. from SKH. I had helped a buddy out doing a landscape but I finished my part before he brought the mulch in, so I never got to take a look at it, he said it's nice, but is very light and can blow away.....oh well, whatever sells :D Just let me know what you can find out. Thanks buddy.

Chris

9. Wolfie's L&L

Ill see what I can find out tomorrow at work.

Jason