1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Mulch hardwood hauling price

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kmicki, Mar 22, 2004.

1. kmicki

kmicki LawnSite Member
    from midwest

What do you charge for hauling 8-10 cubic yrds of mulch
    60 miles from where I live and install newbe here!

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $55- $60/yard installed depending on type of mulch. I perfer triple shredded hardwood and I pay $10/yard wholesale. Does the customer live 60 miles away? Thats a long way to travel to only do 8-10 cubic yards of mulch, you may want to think about traveling that far. 99% of the time I also talk the customer into edging around the beds which I charge $1.00 per foot.

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

First I would not haul the mulch that far I would find a place in the area to buy. Then I would charge between $65.00 to $90.00 depending on the terrain

4. OP
    OP
    kmicki

kmicki LawnSite Member
    from midwest

thanks for taking the time to respond guys. I live 60 miles from the city that is where all of the big money is at. I just started this business and some times you've got to go where the money is. I live in a small town pop. 1000 plp