• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

mulch installation price?

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
How much do you charge for mulch to install it? I can get premium dark hardwood mulch for $25-35 a yard. the guy im installing it for is my neighbor, and he will probaly get me alot more jobs so i want to give him a decent deal.:)

scott in the soo

LawnSite Member
when pricing mulch i double the cost and that is what i charge the customer...

here in the soo pine mulch runs around 23.50 (canadian), so for example if i was installing 4 yards of mulch, I would charge 188.00 plus g.s.t of course.

culand

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by rookiemower
How much do you charge for mulch to install it? I can get premium dark hardwood mulch for $25-35 a yard. the guy im installing it for is my neighbor, and he will probaly get me alot more jobs so i want to give him a decent deal.:)
All mulch prices is different.

We charge for ceder mulch >> $ 25. to 45 a yard . Cost $10.00yard.

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
first of all, if you're paying $25-$35 a yard, you're gettin humped. second of all, minimum of $65 a yard, installed, is a decent price.

launboy

LawnSite Senior Member
ya man you can get the mulch for that price maybe cheaper but i kind of live near chi town and thats what i get it for and just double it . be reasonable on the discount but don't short change yourself.

culand

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by bobbygedd
first of all, if you're paying $25-$35 a yard, you're gettin humped. second of all, minimum of $65 a yard, installed, is a decent price.
Prices up North may be higher, and people my pay the higher price for your mulch ,BUT not here .

The going price is $25. to $35 a yard and every landscaper charges this price . So what can I do , I have to go with the flow or lose the job! :confused:

I look at your Prices and wish We could Charge this amount, but in the Two small towns around the area , we can't.
CULTURAL LANDSCAPE
culturscape@aol.com
Landscape and Lawn Care

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
then i wouldn't do it. right now i pay about $12 a yard for nice double shredded root mulch. i charge $65 a yard .