mulch installation price?

rookiemower

LawnSite Senior Member
How much do you charge for mulch to install it? I can get premium dark hardwood mulch for $25-35 a yard. the guy im installing it for is my neighbor, and he will probaly get me alot more jobs so i want to give him a decent deal.:)

scott in the soo

LawnSite Member
when pricing mulch i double the cost and that is what i charge the customer...

here in the soo pine mulch runs around 23.50 (canadian), so for example if i was installing 4 yards of mulch, I would charge 188.00 plus g.s.t of course.

culand

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by rookiemower
How much do you charge for mulch to install it? I can get premium dark hardwood mulch for $25-35 a yard. the guy im installing it for is my neighbor, and he will probaly get me alot more jobs so i want to give him a decent deal.:)
All mulch prices is different.

We charge for ceder mulch >> $ 25. to 45 a yard . Cost $10.00yard.

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
first of all, if you're paying $25-$35 a yard, you're gettin humped. second of all, minimum of $65 a yard, installed, is a decent price.

launboy

LawnSite Senior Member
ya man you can get the mulch for that price maybe cheaper but i kind of live near chi town and thats what i get it for and just double it . be reasonable on the discount but don't short change yourself.

culand

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by bobbygedd
first of all, if you're paying $25-$35 a yard, you're gettin humped. second of all, minimum of $65 a yard, installed, is a decent price.
Prices up North may be higher, and people my pay the higher price for your mulch ,BUT not here .

The going price is $25. to $35 a yard and every landscaper charges this price . So what can I do , I have to go with the flow or lose the job! :confused:

I look at your Prices and wish We could Charge this amount, but in the Two small towns around the area , we can't.
CULTURAL LANDSCAPE
culturscape@aol.com
Landscape and Lawn Care

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
then i wouldn't do it. right now i pay about $12 a yard for nice double shredded root mulch. i charge $65 a yard .