1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch kit and blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by KirbysLawn, Apr 18, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I picked up my mulch kit today and asked for 2 sets of blades. The blades I got are flat, without the hump in the middle like the blades that came on the mower. I'm figuring this will make it mow 1/4" higher but what about cut?

I mowed the first lawn tonight and had some clipping coming out in clumps. I also noticed that some grass had not been cut. I'm wondering if the flat blades are causing the tips to be too high above the deck>

Should this be a problem or is this what I should expect?

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Was waiting to see your reply befor I order a mulch kit for mine. Got the Bac Vac works good.
    Dennis

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Ray......I was waiting to see what response you got befor I order a mulch kit. Got the Bac Vac and that works good!
    Dennis

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Well I was curious any answers? I installed it last week but quickly removed it due to large clumps coming from under the deck, it's back in the box for now until I figure out if it's the blades or what.

5. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

You have the wrong blades. We have a choice of Gator™ blades or high-sail blades that will work much, much better for mulching. Without knowing what deck you have, I cannot tell you the part numbers, but your dealer can get them for you.