Lawn Care Forum banner

Mulch Kit / problems

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Rog 
#1 ·
Hey all. I am re-trying the mulching kit. I went to the dealer and had the blades sharpened. I couldnt get the left baffel to fit right because of bolt. I had to do some modifications on the baffel so it could fit. Has anyone had the same problem. Here are the pictures.

Mike

Wood Rectangle Metal Symbol Concrete

Rectangle Tool Wood Composite material Auto part

Art Wood Circle Artifact Bedrock

Wood Automotive tire Paint Automotive wheel system Metal

See less See more
#3 ·
Mike,

You should read my post dated 9-23-05 titled "Problem with Mulch Kit". PJ says he has not had this complaint before, however, I believe it is very common with most users just doing modifications and not reporting the problem. Hustler says these mulch kits are not "precision made" and users should just "drill larger holes". I just can't help wondering how a major manufacturer of commercial grade turf equipment can sell ANY accessory to their customers that is not "precision made"!

#8 ·
I had a different problem with these baffles. The smaller end on one of them got bent into the blade by a stick. I had to remove it and straighten it. I would recommend that these baffles have three secure points instead of one. This would prevent this from ever happening.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.