1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

mulch kit VS. OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Movinfr8, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

on the 36 I have used the mulch kit with Gators since I got it till last week, when I had to cut some overgrown grass and am VERY impressed. I used it on a client's yard with heavy Bermuda, and double-cut after replacing the mulch kit, and it looked better than ever. The problem, it takes a while to put the mulch kit on and off. I can't possibly do that all the time. How would it compare to using a controlled discharge chute ? would it mulch without a lot of clumps when closed?
    Norm

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It will clump but if you leave it open a little its faster then mulching.

3. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Well, I have cut the front yard as many as FIVE times before to reduce clumping, thankfully it is a cove lot and a tiny front yard. The guy piles on the fertilizer, and it looks GREAT but grows like crazy!! Also, he has always bagged, and didn't believe I could mulch as clean as bagging till he saw what the tri-vantage deck could do!!

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Try taking the baffles out, leaving the mulch blades on, and the chute closed.