• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Mulch kits for ZTR's (Exmark 48-60")

Prime Seasons

LawnSite Member
Ok, so it costs around $200 set up my Lazers to mulch. I have the ultra vac system for my small ztr but am very interested how the 60&quot; would mulch. <p>I live in Michigan on sandy/loamy soils. Can't believe mulching would be asthetically pleasing in the spring (heavy clippings) or fall (lotsa leaves). Who has tried the Exmark mulching system and what were your results?<p>Thanks, Gus

P

PINE ISLAND

Hey Prime Seasons-<p>Nice to see someone from around these parts! I'm from Sparta, and just came from the dealer today looking at the Lazer Z HP. How do you like yours, and do you always bag? What size deck do you have? Do you do mostly res., or commercial? I would be nervous to buy the 52&quot;, thinking I would regret not going 60. What is your opinion on that?<p>Sorry for the off topic reply!

Gus

LawnSite Member
prime seasons, I`m in royal oak,my name is gus as well and I demoed a Lazer with the mulch kit on it, worked pretty well but ended up with a Ferris I/S<p>----------<br>gus....<br>

OP
P

Prime Seasons

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the replies. <p>The HP is a 48&quot;/19Hp. Enough power for the deck. I keep this unit set up as a bagger all the time. About 15% clients require it. Am in commercial/resi environ.<p>You went to a dealer? Musta went to talk with Ralph, eh? Tell me what he had to say...<p>All people named Gus are pretty cool!<p>

crew

LawnSite Member
I have mulch kit for lazer 60.I remove baffles and cover plate and run 2 blade per spindle setup for mowing. When fall arrives ,I put it all back on, remove one blade per spindle and the thing chews leaves like you would not beleive. I did about 70 mostly res. accounts last fall and hauled 5 truckloads of leaves all season. EASILY the best 150.00 ever spent for fall claen up tools.

OP
P

Prime Seasons

LawnSite Member
Crew!<p>It sounds like you use mulch setup only in the fall... Is this correct and if so why do you not use it in the spring and summer cutting months? <p>Do you ever try gator type blades for fall/leaves application? Tell me more...<p>gus

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
bdemir, Get the deluxe seat for the DC. You won't believe the difference in the ride.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>