1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Kits or Striping Kits

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hayhauler, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hayhauler

hayhauler LawnSite Member

This is my 1st year cutting and I don't have that many yards, but I have enough to keep my busy. However, I have some customers that like the grass chopped up very fine and some that don't care. I put gator blades on my mower, and it does work a little better. Do you think I should break down and buy a mulching kit? I have a John Deere 757 and I question if I had a mulch kit on there would the mower choke down or drain the motor too much in tall grass? The last thing I want is to tear it up.

Are striping kits worth the money? One for my mower is 350.00. I don't have customers asking for me to stripe, but I do like the way it looks. Is it common that most lawn companies invest in stripe kits or not?