1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch on pallets

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by RonB, Feb 28, 2006.

1. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

How many 2 cf bags are on a pallet? heck, and how many 3 cf bags too?

Thanks

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

The ones I buy are 5 yards

3. FLCC

FLCC LawnSite Member

Where I am at, there are 60 2 cu. ft. bags on a pallet. It takes 13.5 of these bags to make 1 yard of mulch. 1 pallet is about 4.5 yards of mulch.

4. SPLC

SPLC LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Just did a small job in FL and there was 75 2 cu. ft. bags on the pallet., I think they just bumped it up from 70.

5. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

What are you guys paying for a yard of mulch in bulk??

Premium Hardwood Mulch?

Ugly Red mulch?

Cedar?

Around here a yard of premium hardwood is going for around $30.00. What would your mark up be to install one yard?? With NO bed preparation.

Just Curious

Eric

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't do much install of mulch, just the mowing customers I've got, about 5 accounts / year.

7. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks Lwnmwrman...

I thought buying bagged last year killed me, but as i investigate further it is only a little more per yard than bulk. And i have not even tried to negotiate a bagged price.

I imagine that over time using bulk you will really come out a little more each scoop compared to bagged.

I think for me to use bulk, i will need to get a great price... I did not realize bagged would be as easy as it was... and best of all NO CLEANUP

Eric