1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch placing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BRIAN GALLO, Mar 23, 2003.

1. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

On average, how long does it take 1 man to put down a yard of mulch? I realize plants and terrain will affect the time. I'll give you my scenario: I don't have a dump truck so I have to get the product delivered. It is usually dumped on the street or in the driveway, and I jockey it from there. Most of my props are hilly with well established plants. I use a wheelbarrow and a 10 cu ft cart that I tow with a walk behind. No matter how fast I go it usually takes me 1 to 1 1/2 hr to place 1 yd of product. :confused:

2. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

That sound about right. One yard an hour. A helper and I put down six yards in four hours once and we could have gone alot faster.

3. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

FLAT here, if I don't have to push it say, more than 100'. I can do 2 yds per hour with no problem. I'm sure I could make 3 if I ran :)