Mulch price-What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by overtona, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Chamber143

Chamber143 LawnSite Member

I really wish I was in your areas. We get double ground mulch for about 20 a yard and we bid at 55 or 60 a yard installed and still get people looking at us like we are robbing them and raping their wife will we are at it. If I told someone 100 a yard I am afraid they would literally have a heart attack. I am glad for those that can but we can't.

2. Mr. A+

Mr. A+ LawnSite Member

I think we can make it happen. It's a service folk get only once a year. I'm trying to slowly move away from those customers who don't care much for their lawn, long as its cut. I love clients who understand curb appeal. At the end of the day, a consumer will get what they paid for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

This may be a dumb question, but is the a wholesale or retailer? http://earthnwood.com/

How do you find wholesale landscape suppliers?

4. Mr. A+

Mr. A+ LawnSite Member

I'm sure my mulch supplier is retailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. hudsonhawk

hudsonhawk LawnSite Member

We charge $75 per yard. Nobody has ever said it was too high

6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I dont quote by the yard. I quote by the whole job, they can guess at the yardage. Yardage pricing just gives them something else to price shop

7. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Midlothian, VA

I've found on larger jobs (15+) it makes more sense for me to hire a local company to blow in the mulch for @ 40-45 a yard, charge 80 a yard and pocket the difference (I have to take the bed edger and edge the beds). No labor costs, except @ 1 hour to edge and no liability or labor overhead. Anyone else trying this approach?

8. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

If it's making you money and all you have is one hour of labor, who cares if anyone else is trying it :)

9. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

$75-$90 is the going rate around here for installed with me delivering, for black, red or natural brown, cedar and cypress run a little more.

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

A homeowner ten miles from me called asking for a bid and found me by stumbling upon this thread some how. I didn't have time to do the job and the guy didn't really have the money in the budget to do the job after I enlightened him as to how much it would cost to pay someone to do the work.