1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

mulch price?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dodgemania, Mar 9, 2004.

1. OP
    OP
    Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Alot of people that are new to the industry on these forums, and probably alot of stupid questions being asked, probably by me daily but it does get to be annoying when alot of the season veterans get upset by the questions. IF YOUR UPSET BY THE QUESTIONS BEING ASKED DON'T RESPOND! There's plenty of forum to go around for everybody!

2. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Similar Question.

Thought it would fit here.
    Anyone.. Pea Gravel driveway 40 x 20.
    how many yards do i need. What formula do u use

topsoil 250 x 200 foot lot. 2 inch deep
    fomula??

Im not stupid. just Math doesnt come easy to me. Please explain someone who understands . thank you in advance

3. OP
    OP
    Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Watch out might get your head bit off in here!

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

gravel 12 yds , topsoil 160 yds, no formula 29 yrs of doing it and don't waste your money trying to cover the lot with top soil work the dirt you have. The lawn will be better growing in native soil and you can sell the top-soil for beds.

Mac

5. gpriddy

gpriddy LawnSite Member
    from MD

actual length in feet X actual width in feet X desired depth in feet = required cubic feet

Desired depth in feet = desired depth in inches / 12

required cubic feet / 27 = required cubic yards

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohhhhh....quit your crying. :cry: You haven't been here long enough.

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Scraper...I;m with you on only adding 1 to 1.5 inches to previously mulched properties....makes me nuts when I see companies piling unnecesary mulch in beds just to jack up their revenue. Highly unprofessional imho.

Most property's need only a "refreshment" of mulch, not a total reinstall

8. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

right, besides the crying space is already taken up by the long standing members who whine like little girls about being forced to read through questions that are frequently asked.

9. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

lol

they are not forced to read anything. they read it because they want to, nobody forced their fat little fingers to click on the thread.

10. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

Charlies,

I thought I told you quit whining. Guys like Dan, Gary, Scraper, Chevyman and myself don't want to hear your dumb questions. Go to newbiescrublowballerlawns.com or something and waste their time with your silly questions.