1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

mulch price?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dodgemania, Mar 9, 2004.

1. OP
    OP
    Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Nobody's crying just enjoying listening to a bunch of woman cry about repeated questions being asked. Nobody cares if you get angered by this.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

nobody cares if you cry foul....LOL

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

hi guys, what's up?

4. cutnitclose

cutnitclose LawnSite Member

Boy I hate I missed this one........ Gary, Dan, and Ted would have all hated me, I'm a newbie, part time "trying to keep my family fed until I can go full time" and ask a lot repeat questions, and to think I even have that thing on the wall that says " I is one of dem dar ed-eduuccatedd idiots".. Sorry my my ssttuturing kicked in... and to think I thought the problem with kids was the teacher's union.. Imagine that.. Maybe all of us Dumb Newbies should contact the sponsors to let them know we are leaving for a new site, because we are not as good as all the full timers.. Ever think maybe, just maybe, we didn't understand the way it was explained the first time which by the way is not always the fault of the listner... Maybe some day I can grow up to be as smart as one of dem dare teachers... and to think I actually thought that civil engineer thing would be enough... I guess I'll have to back to school to learn what the full timers know and so I can get in one of them teachers union so I can be smart too. I will look to see if I can find a new site and post it for the rest of the newbie, and paste it. By the way if I find a site for grass cuttin' teachers aides I let everyone know too.

5. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Cutnitclose - where did you go to school? I went to Tenn Tech (mechanical engineering). I suppose you were like me - I got tired of wishing I was the guy out on the mower outside of our office, especially on days like we have had here recently!

6. cutnitclose

cutnitclose LawnSite Member

Jkelton, I went to MTSU and I'm not a civil engineer.. I was just trying to make the point that, just because the guy is new doesn't mean he's stupid, and you right about being outside "I love it".....

7. Zod

Zod LawnSite Member

Dodgemania,
    Just multiply the width by the length of the area to cover with mulch. Then multiply that by the depth in feet (3" = .25 ft). That will give you the cubic footage. Divide that by 27 to get cubic yards. Use area of a circle for around trees(radius squared times 3.14)*(depth).

8. Zod

Zod LawnSite Member

Anybody know Jesus here? It sure doesn't sound like it. Reach out just a little.

9. Steven Anderson

Steven Anderson LawnSite Member

i go lenth times width times rough how deep then divide that number bey 324 and it will be the amount so i came up with 1.23 yards at 2 inch deep i would load on 2 yards on truck and any left over use else where or at my house and still charge fo 2 yards

10. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

i think it's pronounced "hey-zoose"

naw, i can't do that...i totally love the man.:angel: