• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

mulch prices

cos

LawnSite Addict
Just wondering how much everyone pays for mulch...? I personally pay $22 a yard and think that is very high for someone in the trade to pay. And I do believe that it is far cheaper to buy it cheaper right across the bridge in NJ.

EarthWorks

LawnSite Member
Think the last time I figured 7.50 per yard for hardwood mulch by the semi truck load. I have it hauled in and it is there when i need it. Yes it does carry some overhead with it though.

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
here in Ohio it's $25 for the public, $22.50 for landscapers, which I think is pathetic, for all the biz we give them.

Stinger

LawnSite Senior Member
Bulk mulch (various kinds)here in Texas is $14.50 to $28.00 per yd. Installed price is $34.00 per yd + delivery fee. Bagged mulch is $1.80 my cost and retails for $3.75 per 3cu ft bag.
If your rich then you get cypress mulch at a whopping $4.25 a bag retail with no discount for landscapers.

Guido

LawnSite Silver Member
Triple ground Dark

$18 a yard for up to 50 yards

$16 a yard for 50+ yards.

Its usually cheaper in bulk, so it helps if you have the equipment and a place to store a big load fro the season. You can save a lot of money if you have the equipment to handle it through the season. (which not to many people do)