1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by QUALITY LAWNCUTS, Mar 14, 2003.

1. QUALITY LAWNCUTS

QUALITY LAWNCUTS LawnSite Member

Alright guys what is an appropiate rate per sq. yards to mulch beds etc. thanks for the advice

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Ive usually charged $25 a yard to spread mulch.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

thats $25 per cu.yd of mulch

4. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

$100/cubic yard for material and labor

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $75.00 per cu yard, delivered and spread. That price is based on the most expensive mulch. If a customer wants a lower grade of mulch, I make more per yard.

6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

$50-$60 per yard delivered and spread. Minimum charge even if it's 1/2 yard is $50.

7. Eastview Landscaping

Eastview Landscaping LawnSite Member

Depends on cost of mulch & what your markup should be. where it has to be moved from & too. just make sure that there can be profit made on it

8. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i charge around $45 a yard for spreading it.

9. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I am doing a yard this week roughly two yards I told the customer 50 dollars to deliver and spread, I will be getting the mulch for 10 dollars a yard, Then I am charging 50 dollars to pull weeds. It is not infested with weeds should take 1 hour.:blush: So it totally up to your labor cost. Remember you set the price and bid the job high you just might get what you ask for.

10. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you pay for your mulch up the in VA.
    I am thinking about raising my price to match yours. You have it going on DUDE!!!!! GO NAVY!!!!!:blob2: :blush: