mulch trim bushes bid

ta2slow346

LawnSite Member
Just wondering if I over bid or under bid this job. Its about three yards of mulch and they wanted all the bushes trimmed up and all new edges cut in along with the weeds pulled from the paver patio and all beds. I bid $525 including mowing the yard. [/IMG]
IMG_20140727_163224_361.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20140727_163133_835.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20140727_163129_936.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20140727_163116_761.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20140727_163104_922.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Ditta&Sons

LawnSite Bronze Member
Seems fair to me, I wouldve been a lot lower but then kicked myself for asking for too little. Theres a lot of work there. How much do you get each yard of mulch for? Mine are about $45 so I try to get $100 each installed, and if I have to edge, or weed, I would ask for extra based on hourly rate. Actually, I think you may be slightly high.

OP
ta2slow346

ta2slow346

LawnSite Member
Seems fair to me, I wouldve been a lot lower but then kicked myself for asking for too little. Theres a lot of work there. How much do you get each yard of mulch for? Mine are about $45 so I try to get $100 each installed, and if I have to edge, or weed, I would ask for extra based on hourly rate. Actually, I think you may be slightly high.
If I just spread mulch its $50, but with edging and weeding the beds I get $100 a yard.

JeremyKuhn

LawnSite Senior Member
I bid about the same for a similar job, mulch is about 12$ a yard here and I got the cleanup but was turned down for $275 for 6 yards of mulch, including me delivering. I'd say that's a fair price, just depends on the customer though.

JeremyKuhn

LawnSite Senior Member
I know right, its 22$ for dyed. I'm 10 miles from a sawmill/mulch making company, I love it. If I buy even from the guy 5 miles down the road the price doubles, I get 10 yards for 114 with tax. I thought that was high until I saw what some of you guys pay for mulch. Needless to say I won't complain about my prices at all anymore.

PenningsLandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything that isn't too low is good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums