1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by LawnBoy89, May 22, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I never really spread mulch before, and definetly never priced a job on it. I was done mowing and one of my customers asked me if I would be able to do mulch. Of course I said yes, I think he is ordering between 10-15 yards and I have no idea how to price the labor. He will be paying to get it delivered, but what do I charge? I have no idea. Also, and thing I should know about spreading mulch? He already has it down I'm just going over it. I figure put about an inch or two down.

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

I get about $40 a yard for the labor.

Chuck

3. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

I charge 60 a yard if I buy it and 40 if they buy it

You have to see how much the home owner wants to have put down an inch or 4

Best way to do it is go buy a PITCH FORK and a Wheel Barrell and use it to move to the mulch beds

You should be able to move 1.5-2 yards an hour easily

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I should be able to. I have a wheel barrow, actually a few. I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to bring a friend. Thanks for the advice. I'll go pick up a pitch fork, I forgot if I have one or not, all I remember is how hard it is to shovel mulch with a shovel.

5. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Pitchforks with 4-5 tines are for loading tree-debris and clippings.

Get yourself a Mulch-fork that has about 25 or so tines to it.