1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olabob, Feb 5, 2002.

1. olabob

olabob LawnSite Member
    from TX

How many cubic feet are in a yard. I have to buy by the bag and everyone charges by the yard so i was just curious...

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

27 cubic feet in 1 cubic yard

3. olabob

olabob LawnSite Member
    from TX

Thanks LONESTAR... When people charge $45 per yard that is the labor charge to put down the mulch right?? Is that a reasonable price?

4. LoneStarLawn

Im not sure that is just the labor charge or not. Depends on the company. So I can not answer if that is reasonable or not.

5. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

$75yd depending on clean-up and edging
    i pay 14.50 yd and i buy it from the same guy that i buy my equiment from
    works out well

6. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

That's a reasonable price in Texas for labor ,I have included the mulch and made a little less than that to get the job ,just worked a little slower ,comprende?:cool:

7. LoneStarLawn

Working slower does not compensate for underestimating. In fact in is eating into your profits more.

We charge $25 per cubic yard to install (all labor). That does not include any bed prep or anything else.

8. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

When it comes down to getting the work or sitting at the house ,I would rather work a little cheaper and make a little something as opposed to nothing ,It's a free country ,charge whatever suits you! There is no snow to plow around here in the winter and this is a small town so it gets slow ,and I do mean Slow and I still got to eat and pay bills :)I have never gouged a client yet and me and my helper don't drag our feet ,Don't try to tell me you work at the same speed all the time ,what are you a robot! I been to san antonio and when it's july and 105 degrees at 80% relative humidity you are moving slow and don't even try to say your not !:D ;)

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.atstecks.com/mulch.htm

nice Mulch Calculator ...about 14 bags mulch to 1 yard ... we charge $1.75 per bag to install .... prep is extra

we like bag mulch .... easier to spread (compared to wheel barrel n pitch fork) store & transport

10. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

that's right ,2 cubic feet per bag at wally world 14 bags is just slightly over 1 cubic yard ,and Ilike it in the bag too! :D