1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulching and wet grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by petekief, Jul 27, 2004.

1. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

I know some of you guy's mulch everything and i think it's a good idea - I would like to be one of you - no discharge spraying on buildings, driveways, cars, etc. - reduced possibility of sending any debree flying thru a window or body part - but I'm afraid to commit to setting up my one and only big mower to mulch - I do have a 22" mulching mower I use on ditch banks - thick wet grass is my greatest concern - and it seems the mulching kit is a semi perminant attachment - that is - it's not something you want to put on and take off depending on the weather. What do you do in thick wet grass?

2. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

We can mulch almost everything we cut the only time we have to take the plates off, is on really thick,wet grass.
    I think we've took them off about 5 times this year.
    2 bolts = 3 min max 3 scag cub 48"

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I mulch with my Hustler Z without any problems. Even wet St. Augustine grass. You won't have any problems as long as you cut every 6 to 7 days max. If you let it get too long, you'll have to cut it twice with a mulcher.