• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Mulching Blades?

creek chub

LawnSite Member
Hey guys!

I am very close to starting my own lawn care business and have a question. Do any of you guys use mulching blades? I'm looking at a couple W/B 36" and the sales guy said not many guys are using them. That is the first time a saleman didn't try to sell me everything under sun. I know I mulch my yard just wondering you guys use them as well. Oh, I'm leaning towards the Gravely or JD. Any input there?

Thanks-Creek Chub

kmeku

LawnSite Member
I use a mulching kit on my 36 exmark wb. The customers like the results. I'm very pleased with the cut and ease of no bagging. works well on mulching up oak leaves and magnolia leaves too.
Good luck.

J.M.

RBall151

LawnSite Member
What exactly is a mulching kit? I've got a 36" (2 blades)...and it shoots out the grass from the side discharge...isn't that a mulching kit?

kmeku

LawnSite Member
A mulching kit is basicly a group of baffles mounted under the deck around the blades, which prevents it from discharging out the side port, that causes the grass cuttings and leaves to bounce around more and therefore be mulched up more. No grass will discharge out the side port, no bagging, very nice cut.
Cost about 130.00 retail.

I hope this helps.

J.M.