1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulching by the acre?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by agrostis palustris, Jul 11, 2002.

1. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

I need help with figuring out how to price mulching. Mulch is supplied at no cost. All I have to do is spread it out in the woods. Usual areas to be mulched are at least 10,000 sq ft. or more.

2. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

Figure just as you would if you were supplying the mulch, then subtract what your cost for the mulch would be.

3. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

If the area you are trying to do is not easy to get a truck to (as in between trees in the woods), definetly look at sub-contracting this out to a mulch blower service. This type of service can save you time and money, especially if you are dealing in quanities of acres.

4. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

What I meant here was that when I get chips that have to be removed from tree jobs I like to find people who want to chip in their woods. So I dump back there and go to spread em later. Most any tree service will give chips away for free, but to spread them is another thing. If I could get enough chips into the areas I would simply bring in a small loader and push them around with that.