• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Mulching in Mass

pvs landscaping

LawnSite Member
Hi Guy's. I am working on my first bid for a mulch job. It is in an association community. All single family homes and the mulch is going into the common areas only, club house, 5 islands in 5 culdesac's and banks on the entrance. The job is 18 yards of mulch. 18 yards at $35 a yard is $630. What would you suggest I charge for instillation? Do you guys ad in a delivery charge? Thanks in advance for the help!

scagwildcat

LawnSite Senior Member
are you paying $35 a yd? or selling it for that price? because i can buy two yards for $35.00 in CT..

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
i pay 18 a yard and charge 65 a yard.

OP
P

pvs landscaping

LawnSite Member
I went to Shemins which is a landscape supplier and thats what they are going to charge me. They are supposed to be a whole sale distributer. Whats up with that?

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
I went to Shemins which is a landscape supplier and thats what they are going to charge me. They are supposed to be a whole sale distributer. Whats up with that?
what kind of mulch?

i pay 18 for hardwood, wich is what i push on all my customers

27 red/ black

30 cedar, only use it once a year i hate it

hackitdown

LawnSite Gold Member
You should be able to get hemlock mulch in the Shemin's area (Hudson, MA) for about $25 or 28/yd...delivered. Shop around. I charge $65 installed.

I live in the springfield are of Mass and i go to rocky mountain wood co for my mulch i get it for 20 a yard and charge 35 as far as charging the customer labor i would just figure out the hour and charge accordingly i charge 65 an hour im just a one man crew if you have employess your hourly rate is probly more