• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Mulching in Mass

pvs landscaping

LawnSite Member
Hi Guy's. I am working on my first bid for a mulch job. It is in an association community. All single family homes and the mulch is going into the common areas only, club house, 5 islands in 5 culdesac's and banks on the entrance. The job is 18 yards of mulch. 18 yards at $35 a yard is $630. What would you suggest I charge for instillation? Do you guys ad in a delivery charge? Thanks in advance for the help!

scagwildcat

LawnSite Senior Member
are you paying $35 a yd? or selling it for that price? because i can buy two yards for $35.00 in CT..

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
i pay 18 a yard and charge 65 a yard.

OP
P

pvs landscaping

LawnSite Member
I went to Shemins which is a landscape supplier and thats what they are going to charge me. They are supposed to be a whole sale distributer. Whats up with that?

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
I went to Shemins which is a landscape supplier and thats what they are going to charge me. They are supposed to be a whole sale distributer. Whats up with that?
what kind of mulch?

i pay 18 for hardwood, wich is what i push on all my customers

27 red/ black

30 cedar, only use it once a year i hate it

hackitdown

LawnSite Gold Member
You should be able to get hemlock mulch in the Shemin's area (Hudson, MA) for about $25 or 28/yd...delivered. Shop around. I charge $65 installed.

I live in the springfield are of Mass and i go to rocky mountain wood co for my mulch i get it for 20 a yard and charge 35 as far as charging the customer labor i would just figure out the hour and charge accordingly i charge 65 an hour im just a one man crew if you have employess your hourly rate is probly more