1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

mulching job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cooksjr537, Oct 3, 2006.

1. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

I'm doing a mulch job for 75 yards. My question is my price. Does 3750 installed sound resonable? That includes 3 men and a skidsteer.

2. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

We do mulch 60 a yard installed, not 50. Maybe you guys don't get as much for it down there.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

very resonable

$65 per yd delivered and installed is what id charge

$65x75=$4875

i might give a discount for bulk, it depends on the job

4. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

MY Cost Per Yard = $35.00
    My Markup = $85 per yard installed
    35+85 = 120 a yard.
    120X75 = $9,000.00
    - $1700.00 Discount on Bulk Purchise = $7,300.00
    Thats how we do it, but its up to you. Some people will say thats too much, but i know the quality of work, when we leave NO footprints in the mulch and its not wavey. Its a perfect edge and no weeds poking up from the beds. Everyting on Driveways/Parkinglot/Sidewalk/ Whatever is blown off and clean.
    * Includes a Four Man Crew and a Large Skid Steer (Dump Truck)

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

cheap! whats your costs?

6. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

getting 14 dollars per yard

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i usually do $90yrd installed..........i pay $20-$21yrd so i'd come down to $86yard installed

Then again its such a large job I may come off my price a little.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

buy it for $23 - $30 depending on the kind

$100/yard including prep edging delivery and install but for 75 yards id probably give a little break so maby $90 - $95 a yard

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I know I'm cheap on my mulch prices but you are low. I would do it for 4,800, but that does not include a piece of machinery, edging, or site prep if needed. So add that in. I'm Thinking altleast $5,500. And I know guys will think thats low too. Bottom line is cover your cost and make a profit.

10. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Where do you guys get your mulch? From $20-35 /yd. That's insane! I know different varieties are more expensive but those costs are high for this area. Our mulch retails for $28/yd (our cost is $12/yd) and we could do that in 2-2 1/2 days max. Thats 3 guys, 8 hrs/day. 60 hrs and 75 yds of mulch...$5000.00 including quantity discount.