1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulching Lawnmowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andyay, Mar 27, 2000.

1. Andyay

Andyay Guest

I have been lurking for the past month and think this is a great forum. I guess I need to come out of the closet and ask a question.<p>I have seen recently a big promo in my area for people to turn in their gas lawnmowers and by electric mulching mowers at a discount. Just this weekend they had 650 people trade their mowers in for the mulching mowers. Of course these are 21&quot; versions they are trading in. What do you think of mulching mowers and how many of you out there use them? What models? We bag alot of our customers, but I am thinking mulching more and converting my 3 Hondas and John Deere WB. Curious of the input out there. <p>Thanks in advance for any input.<p>----------<br>Dandy Andy<br>

2. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I to was bagging a lot until about a month ago I purchased a Toro z-master and put a mulching kit on it was very surprised at the capability of mulching. I had to change my pants when I noticed it mulched everything including leaves. I would recomend the toro if your looking to mulch.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i have the z master but have never tried mulching with it...discharges so well theres no need to.... it does that good with leaves thouhg?

4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have not bagged in (2)years, Have a 48&quot; KEES W/B a Grasshopper725 each with a mulch kit and my 21&quot; is a toro. Cant see why you would want to bag.