• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

mulching plate with gators or no???

guntruck

LawnSite Senior Member
I have gators on my 32" scag w/b, they work very nice but still throw many clippings across yard to later be cut. Should i put on a mulching plate or no? Any of you use mulching plates if so do you like them????

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Give it a try and see what happens. I have a discharge plate for my Grasshopper that I use in tight areas. Other wise I just let the grass fly!

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you are talking about just covering the discharge chute, I tried this and the grass was wet with dew, with a pretty god cover of leaves and it did ok but at the chute it would leave a pile of mulched leaves. I did not like results took it off and am putting mulching kit on.

Toroguy

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just put a mulch kit on my eXmark and gator blades. The leaves are falling and it does a good job on them. My only dislike is along walks and drives the deck lets out some debris. Saves alot more time than bagging.