1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

mulching plate with gators or no???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guntruck, Oct 1, 2000.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I have gators on my 32" scag w/b, they work very nice but still throw many clippings across yard to later be cut. Should i put on a mulching plate or no? Any of you use mulching plates if so do you like them????

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Give it a try and see what happens. I have a discharge plate for my Grasshopper that I use in tight areas. Other wise I just let the grass fly!

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are talking about just covering the discharge chute, I tried this and the grass was wet with dew, with a pretty god cover of leaves and it did ok but at the chute it would leave a pile of mulched leaves. I did not like results took it off and am putting mulching kit on.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

mulching kit?

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put a mulch kit on my eXmark and gator blades. The leaves are falling and it does a good job on them. My only dislike is along walks and drives the deck lets out some debris. Saves alot more time than bagging.