1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Mulching price

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Greener Side, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Greener Side

Greener Side LawnSite Member

I charge $30/cuyd labor fee plus the price of the mulch. The labor price includes pick-up/delivery, edging of the beds, and spreading it. It normal takes me an hour to spread a cuyd. The price for mulch around here is around $32-45cuyd. So the total for a cuyd is around $65. Does this seem to high?

2. LocalTouch

LocalTouch LawnSite Member

I get mulch for about 24/cubic yard. I am charging 60/yd delivered and installed.

3. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

what kind of mulch are you buying for 32-45 a yard. Either it is real nice stuff or you needto find a new supplier.

4. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

I get it in Philadelphia area. Double shredded. $23 per yard, $80 to deliver and install.

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

mulch here is from 22.00 to 36.00.i charge retail price.so its more like 26 to 45 per yard.i also sometimes do if its 100 for mulch i get 100 labor plus 60 delivery every 7 yards.bed edging is extra.so if thats the case its 60 per yard for labor.delivery is always the same.it costs alot to run a big dump truck now a days.all depends on what the customer is looking for.

6. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 LawnSite Member

$18 a yard here. Charge $60 installed. Cleanout is $40per man hour extra, and edgining is $1.00 per foot extra.

7. Greener Side

Greener Side LawnSite Member

I live in CT along the shoreline so everything is overpriced. I buy from the garden center closest to the job and the mulch is really good cedar:$32-$35, red dyed $38-45. As far as your labor prices + mulch they dont seem to far off from mine. But still the look on peoples faces when I say " around $65 cu/yd installed ". I think Im being reasonable am I missing something. :dizzy: