MULCHING!

StarCity

LawnSite Member
I am all for convincing my customers who bag that it would be better to mulch. How do you guys do this. I would like to put together some information for them that would carry some weight....other than me just telling them they should do it. Can anyone point me to some good research or information regarding this topic? Thank You

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
Exmark puts out an excellent pamphlet on mulching, after reading it you will feel guilty even considering using a bag. As for my own customers, I just started mulching without saying a word, most customers never even noticed, the couple that did squawk I showed em the brochure and it shut them up.<p>Bill

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
Oh ya, if it is a senior citizen you are dealing with. Just tell them that the Japs are winning the war and they require them to have their yard mulched.Or else!!! Works every time.

cjcland

LawnSite Senior Member
tell them it will cost them extra to bag because of the time involved and dump fees and that mulching will not only benefit thier wallet but also thier soil<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
lawrence,<p>I use the mulching kit that I purchased with my Turf Tracer, it consists of a block off plate, deeper baffles than stock and the mulching (non-gator) blades. I still have the stock baffles in the garage, never used them. Works wonderfully, no clippings to bag, and dont have to worry about blowing grass on the house or in the beds.<p>I tried gator blades with the mulching kit. Didnt do as good a job making clippings disappear. Now I stick with oem style.<p>Bill