1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

multi home discounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LHSlawnman86, Aug 15, 2004.

1. LHSlawnman86

LHSlawnman86 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

i was wondering how many of you use multi home discounts and how well they work.
    i appreciate any help

thanks

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Are you talking about a discount for having a few neighbors on the same street?

If so, then NO. I don't do discounts because you never know when you may lose one ore more of them.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup totally agree with gogetter, you never know when

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

lhslawnman...I remember thinking about discounts and cutting people deals when I started.

and I did what it took to get started.

but today...as hard as I have had to work this summer in all of this rain to try to catch up and take a break...the only way I'll give a discount it is I raise the price by $10 to make them feel good about getting a $5 discount.

GEO

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think he means if they own more than one property and you take care of all of them, and no, i don't offer a discount for that.

6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one, three houses side by side. $40 a piece takes on average 2 hrs. 15 min.

7. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

I'm trying to figure out what to do now, I have two homes I'm doing now and he wants me to take care of his boat factory about 3-4 acres open grass around the parking lot. Thinking about a 5% discount for all 3 maybe a 10% if paid up front for the year. The two homes are close to 5-6 acres together trying to make him happy and me some money!:D

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

like others, we price each one independently regardless of how many in the same area. We do offer a referal reward if a homeowner refers us to a neighbor/business nearby. But this is a one time thing "thank you"

9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Totally agree....

10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree as well but if it's properties owned by a single person or company then yes I give a small discount.