1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Multi year contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 10, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I don't know if its me or our area but bidding this season on a couple of businesses won't happen again until 2007. I don't remember this many mulit year contracts last season. Is this the new thing in the Green industry or not. I approached a local bank and talked to the property manager and he told me they have a contract good thru- 2008 and the contract began in 2004. What a gravy train!

2. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Does that contract increase till 2008. Sounds like they will lock you in at 2004 rates until 2008. With prices going up at a constant rate I would be unwilling to agree to a four year deal.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I don't know if there is a rate increase or not, but I agree with you. Man, if I could get one or two of those at maybe a 2 year deal.... :dizzy:

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

A plow company here does that. Give them a discounted price to sign a 5 year contract and it is locked in at that price.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

to bad its not paid all up front of half atleast ;) payup

6. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I had one of those this year also. It left room for each years price. I just put an increase in every two years. Maybe thats why I didn't get it. Oh well. I think property managers find this a way to make thier life easier and still lock in lower rates. :angry: