1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Multiple pieces of turf equipment for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by txgrassguy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Provided anyone is interested, I have the following pieces of equipment for sale.
    1986 or 1987 Toro 216-G Reelmaster, 530.5 true hours, Kohler powered, with a fresh spin/relief grind and new knives.
    1986 Neary Spin Grinder, model 170 with spin, transverse drive and grinding motors
    Jacobsen 3 point, 6' wide aerifier with slicing blades (used) and a brand new set of 3/4" tines that have never seen use.
    All were purchased for use on an athletic complex, contract ended and for the past three years have just sat around.
    I will provide photos to interested parties, just pm me for contact data.
    Items are for sale as I no longer need them and I dislike equipment sitting around. There are no liens on any of this equipment.

2. crawgator

crawgator LawnSite Member

What year & model # is the Jacobsen aerifier. How many PTO HP does it take to operate & how much does it weigh. What's the price?

3. txgrassguy

The aerifier is a ground driven, 3 point mounted aerifier.
    The unit is approximately 6' wide, weighs about 1100 pounds and has, I believe, 10 discs that mount either the tines or the slicing blades.
    This unit is usually seen on a golf course as each arm that holds two discs pivots individually on the frame so aerifying uneven terrain is possible.
    The one thing you cannot do is turn beyond 15 degrees or so with it in contact with the turf, it must be raised or you will tear up a bunch of turf.
    I've got $1,600 in it so thats what I want.
    I am away from my office for the remainder of today and most of tomorrow but will look at it again.

4. crawgator

Please post a few pix of the aerifier when you get a chance. Where are you in Texas?

5. txgrassguy

Directly west of Austin about 40 miles off of Hwy 71 - nearer the small city of Marble Falls.
    Look for the pictures Monday PM.

6. crawgator

Still waiting for year, model# & pictures of the aerifier. I'm about 300 miles from you & may be interested.

7. crawgator

Info & PIX on the aerifier?