Mushrooms!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone do anything for them. I tell folks that the properties need to dry out and eventually they will go away. People are angry they have them lol. Only thing I can think of is spray some eagle to dry them out and charge accordingly. So much rain here in PA.

2. WIgolfsuper

WIgolfsuper LawnSite Member

Aeration aeration aeration. Get the area to drain better and the dryness will come. I tell them to pick them and throw them out. Don't mow them. It will just spread them around. Fungicides will not have much success in controlling them. Sad thing is some customer think we brought them to their lawn. Good luck.

hort101 and Marine03112 like this.
  3. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

It’s a sign of organic material in the soil. Organic material in the soil is a good thing.

agm, hort101, GrassManKzoo and 2 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I tell the client that. Doesn’t work lol. People are nuts.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Me thought OP was talking about magic mushrooms for a sec....

agm and hort101 like this.
  6. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

I've told people it's like trying to prevent mold without changing moisture and humidity. Of course I live in a desert so some of them actually ask for advice on changing their irrigation schedule. :laugh:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's not like you'll lose their business to anyone reputable. Their neighbors and friends don't have a guy either. If they persist make them regret it. Warn them that the gnomes who live in them can hear you and you don't want to make them angry. They'll never ask again.

Marine03112 and hort101 like this.
  7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Lol you're a genius

hort101 likes this.
  8. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Id tell them manual removal only
    Give price for you to removepayup
    They probably wont want to pay to pull and trash them

So they can pull themselves and save some money:)