Lawn Care Forum banner

Music and Earbuds

6K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  silvermaxd 
#1 ·
What do y’all use for music while you are mowing and landscaping? I have been using EarPods (apples wired headphones) they are only lasting me 1-3 months because I sweat a lot and am kinda rough on them. I am limited to those since there aren’t many other wired earbuds that will fit Since my Xs has no aux input.

#2 ·
I use LG Tone Pro Ultra, or similar. Has a neck band and retractable wire for the buds. Never had a sweat issue destroy them. Usually I break the wire somehow. I wear them most every waking hour for my fulltime job as an outdoor telecom tech, and when I mow. Light rain hasn't affected them. I get around a year or so out of a pair, my wife's last twice that long since she is an inside person.

Plus if you have deep cups on ear protection, you can wear them under muffs with no problem.

#23 ·
I've thought about those but I only use them about half the time for business, the other for running and just around the house. That's why I'm leaning towards AirPods. They seem to be very durable if you take care of them. I'm just wanting to hear from any other landscapers who have used AirPods.
Just throwing it out there. If u can leave a pair in ur truck which cost 20 dollars.. and it rains on you and the get wet it's not worth the wear and tear on iPods at any price point. I'm not advertising g for mpow but they ya e a long battery life and don't have to be put in a case. They are also connected around the next. To me the iPods if u hit something like a branch and one comes out it's hard to find. I can appreciate ur love for Apple. But maybe like dude said. After 2-4 of them It's expensive and plus they are too nice to ruin. I need to come work with y'all if tearing g up 150 iPods is no big deal!! Haha.. but for 20 dollars can go thru 7 pair.. in 7 years and still be able to buy another pair at the expense of iPods. They have all blue tooth capabilities.. microphone. All that jaz. But to each their own.. I just couldn't pull the trigger on 150 dollar ear buds to work in.

#12 ·
I use the BOOM! Audio Expand BT headset by Harley-Davidson. I originally bought it for use on my motorcycle, but the audio quality and sheer volume of the headset make it good for not just the bike but also everyday use. Great sound quality, plenty loud for both motorcycle and business use around the pumps and equipment, water and sweat resistant (been through some real gully washers on the bike with this set on and still works like a charm). Runs $159.95 from your local HD dealer.

#17 ·
I agree with @Youngandfree 100%! I moved away from Apple phones, tablets and music players years ago, frankly because they could not stand up to the abuse that LCPs put their devices through. I was buying two to three screens a year and a phone every year because of drops, tumbles and other mishaps that would happen. Even dropped one into the tank one time. Android and a good quality headset will last you way longer and cost you less in the long run as well.
@Cross Creek Lawn Care if you're dead set on the AirPods, nothing anyone here will sway your purchasing decision. However, if you're on the fence, consider a good quality headset by a quality manufacturer. I have used many over the years. Bose, skullCandy, Cardo/Sena are all manufacturers that I recommend. Bose has the best sound quality, best warranty/customer service and damn durable when put to the test in both the lawncare industry and the oil field where I was previously. But for my current set, which I have had for a little over a year now, I can't complain one iota. It works on the bike, in the field and at home. Most times in the field I can have it cranked to full volume and have it sit around my neck. No sweaty ears, no obfuscated hearing and can clearly hear whatever it is that I'm listening to.

#20 ·
What do y'all use for music while you are mowing and landscaping? I have been using EarPods (apples wired headphones) they are only lasting me 1-3 months because I sweat a lot and am kinda rough on them. I am limited to those since there aren't many other wired earbuds that will fit Since my Xs has no aux input.
I use MPOW jaws. 20 dollars on amazon. Blue tooth. Last me all year. . Great noise cancelling

#21 ·
I use the Bose Bluetooth earbuds. I’d have to figure out which model. They were like $150 have six hours of battery life. Their two years old. Most of my guys have the AirPods Pro. They love them. They also have the case that charges them. I will switch to the AirPods Pro when the Bose ones die

#24 ·
I use the Bose Bluetooth earbuds. I'd have to figure out which model. They were like $150 have six hours of battery life. Their two years old. Most of my guys have the AirPods Pro. They love them. They also have the case that charges them. I will switch to the AirPods Pro when the Bose ones die
How long have the pros lasted them?

#27 ·
I just use dr Dre beats. I got 3 years out of my last pair and just got another set. Around $200 for the over the year if you get them on sale from Best Buy. Bluetooth wireless and hold up pretty well. Plus you can pause, adjust volume by touching the deal on the headphone itself.

Reactions: Cam15
#28 ·
IT blows my mind how many people think it's ok to put pods or ear buds in your ear when you're doing lawn care.

Newsflash! None of those things protect your ears! Loud noises! Mowers! Trimmers! etc.

There should be a PSA on hearing protection, you'd think it was obvious, but it's clearly not after reading how many people pop apple air pods in their ear while they're mowing.

Get osha rated protection, if you like the pods there are companies who make them that also offer hearing protection. I prefer the isotunes pro, great sound, great protection, and they're durable.

#30 ·
Dang, so you're actually putting earbuds in and then putting on ear muffs, why not get some bluetooth muffs that seems like a lot of ear action just to get mowing done, lol.

22nrr is sufficient enough for lawn care so it shouldn't blow your mind. Now if you're shooting guns, you'll want some more noise reduction rating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.