1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Must clean restrooms...............NO THANKS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, Mar 22, 2005.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Just recieved an invite from our county, to bid on there parks and camping areas . Was just going to submit my bid like I allways do and go on my way. (I never been awarded this yet as it always goes to some yahoo that does it for nothing) when I thought that it was a little different this year. As it stated that there restrooms must be cleaned and maintained by grounds care personel. Although they would furnish tiolet paper and cleaning supplies. I thought that it would be a cold day in hell before this cat starts doing that kind of job. Needless to say this cat will NOT submit a bid. pewwwwweeeeeee ;)

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

yeah no kidding. that would go over like a turd in a punch bowl

3. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Ya, I was forced to do this at my former job for a customer. I never felt like such a idiot in my life. Cut the grass, sweep the floor, wash the crapper, just another day.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Why not just sub out the cleaning?

5. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Exactly the thought I had. There are many services we oversee by outside contractors.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I was thinking as well. Or perhaps start up a cleaning service as well. You can have grounds maintenance and cleaning service. Why not?

7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah dude, i'd sub it out. At our local dunkin donuts bathroom there is a sticker that says "serviced by Dale's maintaince" and his phone number. There has to be people like that in your area.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Power washer.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would love to see that:)

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I suggested it because I seen it done in one of our state parks. Nothing that would get hurt, they make them pretty vandal proof. And the guy doing it only took a couple min. to complete the whole job including the showers. Only thing he had to do when finished was put in TP and paper towels. payup