1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Must have attachments for mini

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by woodlawnservice, Feb 12, 2020.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Bronze Member

Buying a ditch witch sk 1050, I do landscaping, some irrigation, french drains... what are the must have attachments.. I figure a smooth and tooth bucket, auger for trees (36") pallet forks, land planer for now or possibly a power rake.. trencher

2. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't think it would be so, but I use my grapple, smooth bucket, backhoe, rotodarion, trencher, pallet forks, mulch bucket, tooth bucket,
    auger, in that order.

fatboynormmie likes this.
  3. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

You need a tooth bucket the size of your track with. A smooth bucket as big as the machine can handle for light materials and back dragging. A root grapple. (The root rake kind will give you a higher dump ability) and pallet forks will come in handy.

rclawn likes this.
  4. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The exact attachments listed above is what I have for my dingo 1000, plus an auger (12” and 24”). Also, I built my own concrete bucket which is nice for pouring piers. My tooth bucket is 42”, the width of the machine, I have a 60” blue diamond smooth bucket, my grapple i got from titan attachments (“toro rake”) and of course the ever so useful pallet forks.

Congrats on the machine, you will find many uses for it you never thought of!

woodlawnservice likes this.
  5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

Vibratory plow for the irrigation , trenchers suck

sehitchman likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

We dont plow here ... all trenched

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

Try it , you will like it .

zlandman and sehitchman like this.
  8. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The hole augers, you can get a concrete mixer attachment to go on the drive head. Soil conditioners also work really well.

9. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

It really depends on what you do. If you do fences. Get the auger. Concrete get the mixer. Irrigation get the vplow what’s you number one service you intend to use the mini for?

10. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Landscaping . New installs.... digging trees in, moving materials , soil prep and dirt work. Sod.