1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Must have attachments for mini

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by woodlawnservice, Feb 12, 2020.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Which mixer did you happen to go with?

2. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How many bags can you get in there? I’m thinking about getting one, they’re like $600 for just the bucket I was thinking about making one myself

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

Hasn’t showed up yet! Eterra drum style on their auger system. I didn’t have an auger for the dw so it’s a multitool

4. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I would stay away from those attachments. Skid loaders are strong lifting up. If you use down pressure the pins at the bottom will start to damage the plate or the pins. If one uses a ripper tooth, it should down and forward. This way lip at the top of the connection is doing the work.

5. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

With the ripper and thumb you are using hydraulic pressure to sheer through the roots . Wear on pins or plates is just part of the deal when owning equipment IMO. I don’t intentionally try to break my equipment but I’m not scared to use it either . If I break something I fix it and reinforce it if needed it’s just part of the deal as I get my monies worth out of them.

sehitchman likes this.
  6. BrandonV

didn't get here in time for the project we were doing but i'll give a review after it's first use. all & all i think it's pretty slick.

mixer - 1.jpeg

mixer - 2.jpeg

7. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

That’s the one that does post holes too right? How much again?

8. BrandonV

yes
    $2400 for motor and one bit. 560 for the mixer part

Ticolawnllc likes this.
  9. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

My vote is for the eterra backhoe. I would be lost without mine.

Get the 12” bucket and thumb.

I tear out with it. Dig footers and trenches. It’s the best.

also a land plane. But reinforce the welds with extra metal straps. I’ve broke mine about a dozen times. It’s way better than a bucket for grading.

10. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also do about a dozen fences a year so I have the eterra auger. No complaints.

rent a Harley rake. Unless ur constantly doing sod installs. A land plane is fine for seed prep