1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My birthday present...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by randallwise, May 5, 2004.

1. randallwise

randallwise LawnSite Member

Here's a pic of my new setup. What do you think?

truck_trailer.jpg

2. randallwise

Here's the back of the trailer...

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Very very nice. Looks really reaaaaaaaly nice. Is there a phone number on the truck though?

4. randallwise

The back of the trailer...

trailer_back.jpg

5. randallwise

Here's the inside of the trailer...

trailer_inside.jpg

6. randallwise

Here's another of the inside. Vortex spray-in lining, GridIron Trimmer racks, e-track for the rest of the "junk"... I painted the walls white to brighten it up in there. Makes a big difference...

trailer_inside2.jpg

7. randallwise

jwingfield2k,

Here's a close-up of the truck. Numbers are on the bed under the rail. Not really happy w/ the placement and I'm going to have the installer move them down...

truck_back.jpg

8. randallwise

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Quite a transformation they both went through from all white to all-right! What did the paint job and interior trailor customization cost? Oh, and what size trailer is that?

10. randallwise

C Man

A friend does mobile Vortex linings, so he gave me a pretty good deal to spray the truck/trailer. He also painted the interior white before spraying the lining. He's got my shelves tonight and spraying those, too.

All-in-all, well worth the money! I had him spray a 2' cove all the way around the trailer so I can hose it down when I need to. On top of that, it helps prevent chips and dings from equipment. Before buying an enclosed, I had seen a number of landscape (enclosed) trailers, and the interior plywood was beat up pretty good. This lining is a savior! I've dropped the drum of my aerator more than a few times and those pluggers haven't even made a dent in the floor!

The trailer is an 8.5x16 car hauler. I thought it would be overkill, but it is terrific. I'm very glad I didn't go w/ the typical 7' width setup, it would be too pinched. In addition, the car hauler has a little dove tail in the back which makes for excellent height clearance (I'm 6'3" and clear easily standing straight up).

My dealer gave me a good deal on the GridIron, and I bought the e-track system from http://www.etrackstorage.com/

The e-track was a little more than I had planned on spending, but having the versitility of changing things around w/out having to drill holes outweighs the cost. If I want to change configuration, add accessories, etc., it's a snap. I added track along the bottom wall to provide tie down points when needed (if I have bikes, toys, rental equipment, etc.).

Let me know if you have more questions.

RSW