1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

my business story...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gutpiles, Feb 10, 2008.

1. gutpiles

gutpiles LawnSite Member

I am 17 years old currently a senior in high school and have been doing lawn care/property maintenence for 5 years. I started out w/ a push mower walking around the neighborhood mowing lawns for 15 dollars. That year I had 7 weekly lawns. I did good work and by word of mouth alone I over doubled that the next year- mostly small, residential lawns. I continued to grow and buy more and better equipment and finally last year I got my drivers license and bought a used dodge 1500 4.7 (2002 w/ only 50000 miles) and a 6x12 trailer. I had 23 accounts last year and this year I have 29 lined up so far ranging from $30-$90 apiece. I officially started my business 2 years ago- Burlington County Property Maintenance. My equipment consists of a 36" snapper pro hydro(all I need for my area)
    2- 21" toros
    1 stihl trimmer
    1 husqvarna trimmer(backup)
    1 stihl stick edger
    1 stihl backpack blower

I also alot of house cleanouts on houses that have been forclosed on by the bank that people leave all thier s*** in when they leave

2. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member