Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another dealer is letting my dealer have their order slot to build my machine. My delivery date just got moved up by two weeks :clapping::clapping::clapping:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What makes this really good news is that our season opener at our track is the first weekend in Oct. and with the old delivery date I would have had to get the track ready with that pos Case, and I didn't want to have to touch that machine again. Now I won't have to.

I spent two days detailing that Case last month to make it all pretty just to get a lousey 24 grand trade in out of it and I didn't want to have to get it all dirty again before I turned it over to the Cat dealer.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
What makes this really good news is that our season opener at our track is the first weekend in Oct. and with the old delivery date I would have had to get the track ready with that pos Case, and I didn't want to have to touch that machine again. Now I won't have to.

I spent two days detailing that Case last month to make it all pretty just to get a lousey 24 grand trade in out of it and I didn't want to have to get it all dirty again before I turned it over to the Cat dealer.
did you buy a new cat ctl?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but i thought case had the best ct machine out there :laugh::laugh:
Case was the best CT now Cat will have the best CT by far.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what did you like better about the 297 then you did the case 450
It's not so much about what I liked better between the 450 and the 297, it's all about the differences between an MTL and a CT. The fact that the Cat cab and engine compartment are far more superior and accessable is just a huge bonus for me!!

I will admit though, since the 450 is now in it's 2nd generation and if the Cat didn't have the ability to have Case controls I would have gone with the new Case, but I would have been suffering in silence.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
It's not so much about what I liked better between the 450 and the 297, it's all about the differences between an MTL and a CT. The fact that the Cat cab and engine compartment are far more superior and accessable is just a huge bonus for me!!

I will admit though, since the 450 is now in it's 2nd generation and if the Cat didn't have the ability to have Case controls I would have gone with the new Case, but I would have been suffering in silence.
I swore to myself, I would just keep my mouth/key board quiet on this. However, the ******** comments keep coming forcing me to break my own promise. Cat man you never ran the second generation 450, suffered in silence? You must be psychic. Again I will agree that the new CAT cab (even though it apparently has some of its own issues) it is better than the cab on your current 450 by a long shot. I have the same cab I know the issues, the B series CAT cab is no better. Compare the Series 3 cab to the C series cab, that is a fair comparison. Everyone has certain issues that are more important than others. I am with you on cab comfort. Power and performance are big with me. I must confess though, your hang up with the engine compartment bewilders me. You put 300 hours on your machine in 2 years, how can it be an issue? You could padlock the engine compartment for as much as you need to get to it. Oh Ya the not paying attention and running it out of fuel and then unnecessarily cracking the injector lines to bleed it, nothing like not knowing any better. I cant forget the inability to lift the cab on a slope and blaming CASE because you don't have enough lead in your ass or didn't think to get someone to help you. The cabs are heavy, they ALL are heavy. I have yet to hear any info about the performance differences between the two. Don't know yet I am sure. The comment reference CASE was the best CT and now CAT is the best. Interesting since the only difference is you have now bought a CAT, the perspective has changed. Ok I am back quiet.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
I swore to myself, I would just keep my mouth/key board quiet on this. However, the ******** comments keep coming forcing me to break my own promise. Cat man you never ran the second generation 450, suffered in silence? You must be psychic. Again I will agree that the new CAT cab (even though it apparently has some of its own issues) it is better than the cab on your current 450 by a long shot. I have the same cab I know the issues, the B series CAT cab is no better. Compare the Series 3 cab to the C series cab, that is a fair comparison. Everyone has certain issues that are more important than others. I am with you on cab comfort. Power and performance are big with me. I must confess though, your hang up with the engine compartment bewilders me. You put 300 hours on your machine in 2 years, how can it be an issue? You could padlock the engine compartment for as much as you need to get to it. Oh Ya the not paying attention and running it out of fuel and then unnecessarily cracking the injector lines to bleed it, nothing like not knowing any better. I cant forget the inability to lift the cab on a slope and blaming CASE because you don't have enough lead in your ass or didn't think to get someone to help you. The cabs are heavy, they ALL are heavy. I have yet to hear any info about the performance differences between the two. Don't know yet I am sure. The comment reference CASE was the best CT and now CAT is the best. Interesting since the only difference is you have now bought a CAT, the perspective has changed. Ok I am back quiet.:rolleyes:
I had no clue you knew words that big! i never thought you had that much learnin! hahaha

sorry senior you left yourself open on that one....

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
I had no clue you knew words that big! i never thought you had that much learnin! hahaha

sorry senior you left yourself open on that one....
Ha, well Jr. if you keep on that short school bus every mornin you'll never learn um. You might not anyway given your geographical limitations and all.

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
Ha, well Jr. if you keep on that short school bus every mornin you'll never learn um. You might not anyway given your geographical limitations and all.
geographical limitations? wtf is that? I am so freakn confused! I leave SC every year ok! so dont start this crap oh you are so slow!! haha and you never got off the short bus and your four hundre--- i mean fourty it still picks you up and takes you to the job or office every morning...

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
geographical limitations? wtf is that? I am so freakn confused! I leave SC every year ok! so dont start this crap oh you are so slow!! haha and you never got off the short bus and your four hundre--- i mean fourty it still picks you up and takes you to the job or office every morning...
I wish that were true, it would be cheaper on fuel. The conversations with the other passengers not very intellectually challenging but hey a free trip to the office.

Jr. the next time you write WTF your goin to be in time out. Also going to NC from SC is not leaving the area. It takes more than a State line to address those issues. Your scaring me on this "I am so confused" thing. Listen, you cant date you cousin, I know its common practice there but still......it aint right. What if you get a divorce? Then what?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.