Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to issue a challenge to Better! I would like to demo your new dually for a unbiased report following on lawnsite. I own none of your products and I am a seasoned vet on machinery. I would like to write a opinion on your product because I am tired of the I write good about better then when you talk in private all the little glitches come out. There are some on here who participate in every better thread and have a bunch of them but when the dually came out all the little glitches of the previous machine came to light. But before, that machine was the end all of all machines.

If you think your product is the best let me put 100 hours on your machine Dually and I will write a honest review and it will be unbiased on LAWNSITE. It will not be because you advertise with me or I own a few of your machines. I am loyal to no brand I own toro, ferris and simplicity zero turns and they all have there place.

Come on lawnsite help me to get this done, dont you guys want a honest review? WILL YOU EXCEPT THIS CHALLENGE BETTER???????????

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
Maybe you guys are on to something. I'm going to call every company that sells mowers and line up field tests for each model mower they sell. I shouldn't have to pay for the fuel either since I'll be testing their equipment. :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you guys are on to something. I'm going to call every company that sells mowers and line up field tests for each model mower they sell. I shouldn't have to pay for the fuel either since I'll be testing their equipment. :)
Afford one I just dropped 10 on a new Z money is no issue here. I am trying to give a honest review. Guys are tired of buying machines to ony find out it is not what it was cracked up to be.

Think about the reviews given. One is a person who benefits from the advertisement and others are ones who say one thing but then we talk a little different in private. I will give a good example of this. A few years back ferris was testing the is 2000 who did they pick a person who owns a dozen of them. Who should of demoed it, a person who does not own one. Not someone defending there personal passion.

I can give you a review right now on customer service on better. IT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST Tommy is awesome.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are very young and you will see when you purchase machines that are very exspensive only to find out they were over hyped. Example The Triton by exmark. I am offering a honest review I have no ties or no biases. If it is the best I have tried I will write it.........

That is a challenge even Toro should except......... I will demo the Grandstand and write a review.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see when you have something vested in the review you overlook the little things that iritate guys out in the field. Give you example the ferris has to much blow out from the left corner of the deck. It is way to much it covers you and the mower, lets just say it is anoying to say the least. Did that appear in the review No it didnt!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
You are very young and you will see when you purchase machines that are very exspensive only to find out they were over hyped. Example The Triton by exmark. I am offering a honest review I have no ties or no biases. If it is the best I have tried I will write it.........

That is a challenge even Toro should except......... I will demo the Grandstand and write a review.
i agree with you Frue. it would be nice to see a honest non biased report on the new dually. goodluck with your quest.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
Young? I wish. I could give a unbiased opinion on a Scag and I own one. I have NO brand loyalty. If I feel it works then so be it. Calling out a company and telling them hey, I'll try out your new mower and write a revue on it for you if you let me try one out. What make your opinion better then the rest? Honesty? Anyone can give a honest revue on something but most will be different as everyone IS different.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
I guess you posting something like this on a public forum is why I'm acting so stupid about it. If you truly want to offer your opinion on the product and write a revue, I would think calling them and talking with a sales or marketing rep would be the way to go about it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
About a year or more ago, M&M Lawns tested a Quick 36. He ran nothing but JD with his business. Gave the Quick a great review. But you know, there is no telling what those guy's are willing to do at Quick. They seem to bend their back farther than most companies.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i agree with you Frue. it would be nice to see a honest non biased report on the new dually. goodluck with your quest.
Well, I don't agree with Frue; furthermore, I think mississippiturf and ALC-GregH only poked fun at him because his idea is so completely ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't go farther with their ribbing and suggest they might send similar invitations for free testing to manufacturers of other lawn-maintenance equipment such as blowers, trimmers, edgers, lawn vacuums, etc. And why stop there? Maybe they can test pick-up trucks too. Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan might surely jump at that offer. Trailers too. Lend us a trailer for a year, and we'll write a report for the world to read indicating whether or not it's any good. Why not? After all, the only qualification the would-be tester needs, according to Frue, is that he or she had never before paid good money for the equipment to be tested.

·
Banned
7,474 Posts
Well, I don't agree with Frue; furthermore, I think mississippiturf and ALC-GregH only poked fun at him because his idea is so completely ridiculous. I'm surprised they didn't go farther with their ribbing and suggest they might send similar invitations for free testing to manufacturers of other lawn-maintenance equipment such as blowers, trimmers, edgers, lawn vacuums, etc. And why stop there? Maybe they can test pick-up trucks too. Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan might surely jump at that offer. Trailers too. Lend us a trailer for a year, and we'll write a report for the world to read indicating whether or not it's any good. Why not? After all, the only qualification the would-be tester needs, according to Frue, is that he or she had never before paid good money for the equipment to be tested.
ZING......

·
Registered
330 Posts
I haven't heard of any real substantial problems with BOP products. They seem to have a very good reputation, especially in the customer service department. I've been looking at adding a 32 or 36" to my trailer, and the BOP is on the top of the list. It would be nice if they offered a demo so that the consumer could "test" it out first. I will have to look at their return policy before I order anything tough, I don't want to get stuck with something that I couldn't first try and then don't like it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Larry f has a great idea frue, you COULD test everything like trucks, weedeaters, ect. start your own website. you could call yourself " the review man"! people would be flocking.

because anyone who knows you knows you have enough experience (unlike some people who like have mowed for a year and think they know everything) and have experienced owning alot of diffrent brands. BETTER SHOULD TAKE THE CHALANGE...WHATA GOT BETTER?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Frue, contact Turf Magazine about writing a review for a piece of equipment. Every month, they have a Field Test Report, and Better has been featured there before. David Cassidy is the publisher in charge of the section. Email him and tell him what you want to do. Or get a job with Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Frue:

While I appreciate the "spirit" of your offer (everybody wants objective information), you know it just ain't gonna happen. I mean, let me make you the same offer; You come over and do free, full maintenance on my property for an entire season. Mow it, blow it, trim it, leaves, snow, bushes, aerate, spray, fertilizer... I want the works. And then after a year, I'll go on a public forum in your area (one that you're paying to sponsor) and give people my opinion about the services of your company. And, if you don't do everything the way I think it should be done, I'll be sure to tell everybody about it. After all, we want a totally honest critique of your work, right? Of course, it'll just be my opinion and I can't guarantee that it'll be right. But it will be my honest opinion and I promise to spare no detail in my criticism, OK?

When you look at it that way it doesn't sound like such a hot offer, does it? :laugh:

I'm sure now we'll see a thread titled: What is Better Outdoor hiding????? or some such :laugh: The truth is, we're not hiding anything. Better Outdoor is not perfect- we never claimed to be. The difference between us and a lot of the other guys is that when we make a mistake, we own it. We also do our best to make it right-even when it costs us money. Even on those rare occasions when the customer acts like a real jerkov from jump-street.

Folks are already getting honest opinions about our mowers- Lawnsite is covered up with them. The good, the bad and the ugly. The "Grapevine" page on our website is made up of actual letters and emails from our customers- nothing changed or added, only a few spelling corrections. In fact, we hardly advertise- our biggest "selling tool" is the goodwill and support of our Owners. Our business model is based upon word-of-mouth. Five straight years of double-digit growth is something the "big guys" only dream about. Particularly after three years drought followed by a global economic meltdown. I have to believe we're doing something right.

I've known since before we started that we're asking people to take a leap of faith. But, I also have faith- that's why we offer a no-questions-asked 30 day money-back return policy. If you get one of our mowers and (for whatever reason) you just don't like it, send it back and we'll return your money- ALL OF IT. The only risk is the cost of your return freight which represents a pretty small "stake in the game".

Dually's have already been in the hands of pros- they're the ones who approved it. There is no better deal out there-period.

Thanks for your offer. We're always looking for experienced testers on new designs. Perhaps, if you're still interested, we can wind you in on the development of some future product. Constructive opinions of how we can do our job better are always appreciated.

gp

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you get one of our mowers and (for whatever reason) you just don't like it, send it back and we'll return your money- ALL OF IT. The only risk is the cost of your return freight which represents a pretty small "stake in the game".
My small stake in the game cost me $276.00 to return my Quick44. Alot of change for a three week demo. Some on here love the quicks and others think they are over hyped. I think it just depends on the person and the type and size of lawns you need to mow.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My small stake in the game cost me $276.00 to return my Quick44. Alot of change for a three week demo. Some on here love the quicks and others think they are over hyped. I think it just depends on the person and the type and size of lawns you need to mow.
Not a bad rental rate if you ask me. $276 for 30 days, that's less than $10 a day, I couldn't get that anywhere around here. Even if you didn't like it and sent it back it is hard to argue paying return freight on a product, unless it arrives broken.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.