1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My Custom 21" Striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowplowjay, May 16, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

Well all my thoughts and envisionments for a striper for my 21" mower and my 42" tractor have just started to become a reality. Today i made a $10.00 roller/striper for my 21" toro rear drive bagger mower. What I did was got two approximately 8" long by 1" wide 1/16" thick sheet metal strips. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the top and bottom of each strip. I then mounted them to the bolt for the lower handle support. As for the roller i took a piece of 2" PVC pipe and cut a 15" long piece. I then took two PVC end caps and drilled out the centers. I then took a piece of metal bar and cut it to 16" and drilled out two small holes one on each end. I capped the pipe and filled it with playsand having the metal bar inserted in the holes in the end caps. I then attached it to the other two holes in the metal strips and held it all together with cotter pins in the holes in the metal bar. I will next engineer a striper for the tractor since this striper came out so well. I will try to post some pics asap. I am in the process of getting a Digi camera right now.

Jay