my evaluation of the Jungle Jim Trailer Mate Pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G. Ramey, Jun 30, 2009.

1. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Someone on this forum asked for an evaluation of my new Trailermate, so here it is. I hope my opinions are helpful. I ordered a Trailermate Pro about three weeks ago. I installed it the day after it arrived. It arrived in three boxes and the shipping weight was 150lbs. When I opened the box I noticed all the pieces were well made and had a very nice black paint job on them. there were two identical sets of instructions included and a seperate set for the extra attachments included in the pro series. These extras included the cooler holder and the three single trimmer holders and the airtank holder. I don't know what the regular Trailermate cost, the pro series cost me 469.00 plus shipping. All the pieces went together well, the fit was good on all the pieces and all the holes lined up perfectly. The instructions said not to tighten the bolts completely until the assembly was complete, ofcourse I ignored this part and had to go back and loosen the bolts to finish the assembly. I never did follow directions well. The basket portion went together quickly. Then the drilling began. I drilled all the holes in the trailer with a 3/8 inch drill bit. I think I drilled 24 holes in the trailer rails, if you have a new drill bit it won,t be any trouble. Enough about the assembly, I think it was easy and once everything was mounted the system is very sturdy. The trimmers are held solidly and do not rotate at all. the only problem is the guard on one of my shindaiwas hits the trailer rail and has to be rotated a little ways to sit down in the end of the holder near the trimmer head. the other end holds the trimmer just behind the trigger and holds it tight. there is also a place for a padlock. The blowers are held on each end of the basket. The trimmers hang from a hook and do not rest on anything. They just hang there, but don;t seem to swing around too much while driving. There is a tube holder on each side of the basket to keep the blower tubes up out of the way. The blowers have a cable that locks both blowers and also runs through whatever you have in the basket like gas cans or an airtank if you use one. I didn,t think I would like having to snake the cable through everything, but it hasn't been a problem at all. I have not installed the airtank holder. The cooler holder mounts on the fender and holds my cooler securly.I don't know why I waited so long to buy some kind of rack system. This system is great and I think it was a good investment. I didn,t realize how much more space I would have on my trailer. I would recommend this system to anybody looking for one.

2. Centex Aeration

Centex Aeration LawnSite Member

I recently bought one myself. It is a very sturdy unit. I bought the specific adaptor for my backpack blower; it firmly secures the unit.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Pictures :popcorn:

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Centex Aeration

I paid $279 plus shipping. I will post some pictures later in the week; we are still waiting on an updated blower mount bracket.

Cam15 likes this.
  5. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

He hasn't been on in a year. This thread is 10yrs old.

agm, DXN1EL and Bumpmaster like this.
  6. Centex Aeration

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would not have put that blower on road side looks like it could be ripped of.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Centex Aeration

4940032F-8D99-4A41-956B-1CC56E8287ED.jpeg
    I

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So I could take my battery grinder and cut that plastic handle and away I go? I guess the lock is hardened?

10. Centex Aeration

Bolt cutters could do the trick as well. I operate about an hour North of you in the Temple area. Should I be concerned about your battery operated grinder?

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.