My experience with the PERC propane funding

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by White Oak, Feb 23, 2015.

1. White Oak

White Oak LawnSite Member

i just wanted to write this, and explain my experience with the PERC program and the funding they are providing us in the landscaping industry. I was first introduced to the funding from an old friend who works in the landscaping department of a local college here in virginia. He was explaining the new propane powered mowers they had just purchased, and that they got a $20,000 grant towards the 10 mowers. I was shocked at first, thinking that it was because they were a large state owned college, how could a small landscaping company like mine receive the same benefits that the college did. After doing some research, i was hooked. used mowers can receive funding of $1000, which will cover 80% of the conversion cost. New mowers can receive $2000 towards the purchase price. Since buying new mowers was not in the budget this year, i opted for converting my existing mowers. I worked with a company here in virginia (better-Fuels.com) who sells and installs the certified systems. I had them convert 6 of my 20013 exmark lazer z's. the total price per conversion was $1200, but i only paid $1200 out of pocket, and received $6000 from the PERC funding. overall, the mowers are running alot better then on gas, and i save about $1 for every gallon i use. the funding is easy to apply for, but it does end soon. I suggest giving the company i used a call and they can fill you in on the details better than i can. in the end, i am projected to save over $6000 in fuel costs this year for only a $1200 investment:usflag: i would love to answer any questions you have to my best ability.
    Nick

KyBluGrass likes this.
  2. winston2012

winston2012 LawnSite Member

I just applied myself. I will post a follow up after. I think more people should look into this!

3. Cheffy

Cheffy LawnSite Member

I have 2 propane machines and have received the incentives from perc. They are a great group to work with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

Since these mowers will be being transported all the time, is there any risk of explosion in the event of a motor vehicle collision? Have any studies been done on this?

bluetruck likes this.