1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

My first commercial mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bodypilot, May 12, 2004.

1. bodypilot

bodypilot LawnSite Member

So far it has performed well. I just put a swivel wheel sulky on today. Haven't been able to try it out yet though because it's been raining.[​IMG]

2. bodypilot

[​IMG]

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

all i can say is SWEET! Gravely builds one hell of a mower, tougher than nails, i'll probaly get something like that with the pro controls though, or a wright stander sweet though. congrats

4. bodypilot

I'm hoping that I wont end up wishing I had splurged for the 17hp. So far it's worked well though.

5. rookiemower

i wish i had more hp, i bog down way to easy with anything but single high lifts in higher grass

6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you are going to wish you went for the 17hp.

7. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations!
    Is that dog sniffing for a wheel to oil?

8. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Pilot
    That is a good looking machine.

The only thing that I do not like about the Gravely is the handles. If they had a loop handle I would love to try one out. But I have an old Gravely walk behind and it seems as if my wrist are always being twisted out of the sockets when I mow a hill with it.

Let us know how you like it and what kind of a job it does when you get to use it.

9. rookiemower

lynyrdskynard check out the pro controls they have, they offer both

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet, look into the prosteer's lynyrdskynard, I've been trying them with gear drives and they seem pretty nice so i image they'd be sweet with hydro's.