1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

My first power wash job this morning!

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Grits, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I completed my first power wash job this morning. 3 walls of a vinyl siding house and a 10 x 10 concrete patio slab. It took me 1.5 hours and I charged $125. I had to rent the equipment for $45. I came out OK as far as money. I took this job to see if I wanted to persue the addition of power washing to my company. I must say that I enjoyed it and will look more into adding it. Once I get more experience, I can see the profit margin rising greatly. I think it will be a great addition to my biz.

2. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Weren't you cold?

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

it doesnt get cold in florida !!!

4. PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING

PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member
    from LA

Once You Know What To Clean With You Will Be A Lot Faster Than That... Now You Need To Learn How To Tack On The Extra That Peolpe Want Done With That...

5. Grits

from Florida

It was chilly! But I had to do it today. I scheduled it for Saturday. But I woke up Saturday morning and I was puking...sick as a dog. It was about 39 degrees.

6. Grits

from Florida

That's what I figure. Today I used just a degreaser and bleach. It worked better than I expected, so I can't wait to see how easy it is with the "right" chemicals. What are some of the things I would be able to tack on? Thanks!

7. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

everyone must have been sick last week my 2 kids had the puking stuff and me and the ms. felt like crap for 2 days

8. Grits

from Florida

It was brutal!!! I was bad sick all of Saturday. I was pretty much over it Sunday, but I was totally exhausted all day. Today, I am getting rehydrated and my energy is coming back. That is the sickest I have been in a long time. I hate it for anyone that gets it. I hope you and your family make a speedy recovery.

9. PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING

PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member
    from LA

YOU GOT TO BE CAREFUL WITH BLEACH IT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE.:nono:. CALL ME I WILL TELL YA WHAT I USE ON A DAILY BASES.. 985-290-5389 RODNEY ITS TO MUCH TO TYPE.. I ONLY SPEND 15 BUCKS TO CLEAN A HOUSE AND ABOUT THE SAME ON CONCRETE:)

10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member