My first weekend with the Grasshopper 725DT

OP
F

Fette

LawnSite Member
54A781B4-2DFC-4602-9BD4-A88600D8928A.jpeg 8E3D8152-7EE2-4255-B1E4-52A1699366D7.jpeg FE60587D-A7A1-43E7-9912-72DC82E7911A.jpeg
Here are some pics of some stripes.
I am impressed at how well it lays them down.
I put the super high lift blades on before I cut today. I think it helps a bit with the spring growth.
Still working on the best way to spread clippings when I take off too much. Seems like going up 1/2 inch works the best.
Question for you guys - am I nuts or do you guy think that mowing a yard with a new mower is kind of like shaving you face with a new razor. It takes a while before your face or in this case the yard gets used to it?
Maybe I aint quite right in the head but now that I have hit some of my yards for the third time they seem to react better to the new mower.

D5ECA7C3-387B-4628-99FF-4D79423F5A01.jpeg

Choppin

LawnSite Bronze Member
I just traded my Deere 72 for a Hopper 620 today, so far I like it. I can see where a out front deck has its place but not sure it would be my main mower. I mainly got mine to put the collection system on it for leafs.

Choppin

LawnSite Bronze Member
52, I was running a Hustler Super Z HD and a Deere 72 but I have down sized some of my yards to more residential stuff and don’t need the 72 so I traded another LCO the 72 for the Hopper and I also sold him my Hustler and bout a Spartan SRT Xd 61 inch cut. The Deere was a great mower but had problems with the Hustler from the start and it didn’t cut to well side discharging.

OP
F

Fette

LawnSite Member
Gotcha! Very cool.
Do you have many hours on the spartan yet? How do you like it? Does it cut as well as your deer?

Choppin

LawnSite Bronze Member
Don’t have many hours on it yet and no it dosnt cut quite as good as the Deere but cuts better than the Hustler. I added a turbo baffle and fixing to change blades. It could cut as good as the Deere after these change I will just have to see. The guy ended up wanting to trade back for his grasshopper so now I’m in the market for a grasshopper with the collection system.

OP
F

Fette

LawnSite Member
Cool
Keep us posted on the cut quality. That is a nice mower and it will be good to get feedback given they are somewhat new

Top Forums