My foot hurts. Better deck lift pedal?

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a Scag Tiger Cat 2 and spend a lot of time raising and lowering the deck and also time spent holding it up hovering over objects and my foot is starting to bother me. Does anyone know if there is a better deck lift pedal than the roundstock one that Scag used on my machine. I figure a bigger flatter one may help because it wouldn't be putting all the pressure on one spot on my foot. Or if there is a way I could add some springs or something to reduce the force required to lift the deck.

I did move the round foot peg one bolt hole back this evening and I will see if that helps at all. I suppose worst case I could have one of my fabrication buddies make one, but I would much rather order one if they are available somewhere. I google searched but didn't find anything yet.

Mowing monkey.

LawnSite Bronze Member
You could buy a Kubota or Grasshopper with a power deck lift. Maybe add stronger springs for a more affordable solution.

ggb6259

LawnSite Senior Member
Look at mini floorboards that go on motorcycles.. Would have to adapt them. Spartan has one in their parts diagrams that might work. .

Cut n Strut

LawnSite Gold Member
I have a Scag Tiger Cat 2 and spend a lot of time raising and lowering the deck and also time spent holding it up hovering over objects and my foot is starting to bother me. Does anyone know if there is a better deck lift pedal than the roundstock one that Scag used on my machine. I figure a bigger flatter one may help because it wouldn't be putting all the pressure on one spot on my foot. Or if there is a way I could add some springs or something to reduce the force required to lift the deck.

I did move the round foot peg one bolt hole back this evening and I will see if that helps at all. I suppose worst case I could have one of my fabrication buddies make one, but I would much rather order one if they are available somewhere. I google searched but didn't find anything yet.
My Snapper Pro has a flat foot pedal. I just traded it in tho for a stander. That would solve your issues as well.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
you can also adjust the spring position on the deck to make it easier to lift but it's not so easy to do. i had to hook a come-a-long to my truck and pull the spring from the mower to re-attach it after moving the bolt that holds it to the new location. you can't move the springs by hand like you can a deck belt spring or whatever. at least on the cheetah you can adjust it i dunno about the tiger cat 2.

StanWilhite

LawnSite Silver Member

Think your best solution would be to have a flat plate welded to the peg. Make sure you get the angle right tho, or you could be worse off!

MowDaddy

LawnSite Fanatic
Think your best solution would be to have a flat plate welded to the peg. Make sure you get the angle right tho, or you could be worse off!
Agree with stan.
Only thing I would use a curved piece of steel welded on.
I've been thinking of doing that on my 72" deck. I've got a couple of 1500 ft long ditches I have to float deck at the very bottom where the vee is on ditch.
Ya feel it after about 1000 ft.