My Full-Tilt-Boogie Restoration on My 2002 Exmark Lazer Z HP Mower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by EdRouze, Oct 15, 2015.

1. NEPA Lawn

NEPA Lawn LawnSite Member

Coulnt hurt to post a short short recap of what you started with, what’s all complete, and where you are at now. Just to get everyone up to speed. This is a great series and I know a lot of us look forward to it picking up. What is the model number of the engine? FHxxxV <—example.

2. EdRouze

EdRouze LawnSite Member

That is good advice NEPA, and I think I will do exactly that. Thanks!

So as to the motor, it is a FH680V - DS10. 23 hp Kawasaki. 500 hours. 2002 model.

I have the push rods out, and need to get them back in and once in, I need to adjust the valves. Can anyone coach me on adjusting the valves? I actually know how to do the adjustment, so what I really need is guidance on where the piston needs to be, when to rotate the crankshaft, etc. I'd be grateful.

Thanks and work safely! -- Eddie

3. EdRouze

EdRouze LawnSite Member

Friday I parked myself in a chair at the motor end of my Exmark, determined I was going to figure out the valve situation on the mower. I had gotten the valves all out of kazip when I removed the push rods and did all sorts of turning way back when I was rotating the motor to flush it out. Anyway, I now have the push rods back in and finally the engine is in time so far as the valves and the compression strokes go. Adjusting the valves isn't a big deal, so that part of the job was nice and easy. I need to go ahead and install the new gaskets and valve covers to button up that little chapter of the restoration process.

Thanks for reading. Do take care! -- Eddie

valves.JPG

Attached Files:

kawasaki guy likes this.
  4. Sprechity

Sprechity LawnSite Member

very cool eddie! glad youre back on it!

5. EdRouze

EdRouze LawnSite Member

Hello, Everyone,

I HOPE this time I'll be back to wrap up this monster build! Life can sometimes be so complicated. Cataract surgery on the ole eyes, more surgery on my wrist -- I'm just glad that I was able to put my own shoes on this morning. A lot of restoration on my 1935 house. Seriously, I'm going to make a BIG effort to get back on Project Exmark and wrap 'er up. I hope you'll ride along with me. TAKE CARE! -- Eddie

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

build me an exmark-that mows from Montgomery,
    make make me a poster, of an old rodeo...

sorry, that John Prine song popped into my head-good luck with the finish!

TrainingWheels likes this.