1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

my Home Cheapo trailer fell apart on me

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Vikings, May 30, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I went and bought a trailer for my new wb, I bought a 4.5x6 trailer and I was going to tow it with my Ford Ranger 6 cyl.

By the time I got the plates went back to pick up the trailer, found out the lights don't work, went to Canadian tire to buy one of those wire set ups. I started driving home and the hinge for the ramp fell off and made the door almost scrap the road. I stopped and found half the bolts had the nuts missing and it vibrated so bad that a reflector fell off.

I threw the gate in the back of my truck and secured some things with rope. I went back Home Cheapo and they don't have another... and they told me if I went to pick up one at another store I have to re-insure. I basically lost it and told them I'm buying elsewhere.

I could hardly believe the cheap quality of their trailers and to think I wanted to pull a brand new 36" toro with it.

I think I will buy a better quality A frame even though its quite a bit more expensive at a place that only sells trailers.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think that is the same trailer i have and i know what you mean....it has lasted me the last couple years and has no doubt served me well......but a 7*16ft open landscape trailer is in my VERY VERY near future :)

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you get what you pay for-that old saying never rang truer than in this biz

4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Down here,Home Depot and Lowes are asking twice the price for what I can get a trailer from one of the manufacturers for.Never understood why anyone would buy a trailer from a box store.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

dan no its not True... the home depot and lowes trailers are much higher priced than manufactures as nick said. I can get a brand spankin new quality built 6x12 thats served me very well for 8 something... 7x16 single axle for under 1k.... dual axle for about 1100.

6. Vikings

from canada

A quality trailer is much more expensive up here in Canada. I just made arrangements for a 5x10 for $2380. Pick it up his afternoon, I'll post a pic for you guys. (for me ego really)

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Where? I paid 1500 for my 6x12...
    That's with tax and registration and all, but still...

8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Holy crap!I got a 5 x 10,ramp gate,for $575.I think I need to start hauling them to Canada.

9. Vikings

from canada

You Americans are starting to depress me.:laugh: :usflag:

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

pro scapes-i ment to scold viking for buying a cheaply made trailer in the first place.