Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my homemade trimmer racks. My stepfather insisted that he will build them, so I let do his magic. Wheel Tire Waste container Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Yellow Wood Bicycle part

Wheel Tire Waste container Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Yellow Wood Bicycle part

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Congratulations !!

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Nice work building that, do most of the trimmers stay or do they flip upside down?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Need to put racks on my trailer. Money Money Money

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
Need to put racks on my trailer. Money Money Money
racks is money saved, lock them to prevent theft, keeps them from getting run over while loading/unloading mowers, or when the mower slides, and less clutter to dig through means more productivity.

back to the original post, great work, i've built many sets myself. i would put some kind of rubber coating on the contact points to prevent the shaft and handles from unnecessary wear.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now they are just painted, but I plan to put some rubber hose over the 1/2 bar where the trimmers set. I also plan to spray some a rubber coating the rest of the rack. One thing I could not understand is why would you put a lock on trimmer rack and bolt the rack to the trailer. Someoene can remove the bolts off of the rack and get a combe unit. Anyway, there is enough weld on these racks they would have to take the whole trailer.

Can anyone give me the measurements between the trimmers mount on the rack? I think mine may be a little close, but it is no problem to modify them.

Thanks to everyone for the comments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice welds

·
Registered
486 Posts
Great job, lock them whenever you take a lunch break or are going to be away from your trailer more then 10 mins. You will be surprised what can happen in 10 minutes!!!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
they look very good!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.