Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so my iPad was a Christmas gift from over 10 years ago from my mum and the other day the iPad locked up for reasons I don't know.
This wouldn't be an issue as I know the password, however, I'm an idiot and I didn't realise I was miss spelling the password until I got it right and then was told I would have to reset it.
This is the issue as all the iPad Apple id stuff was my mum's information which I can't ask her any of it as she has since passed away.
I've called Apple to even get the account moved over to myself but they are saying that they would need a court order. If you have the slightest inkling of what could help me I would so grateful.
Ignore the errors please I'm writing this on my phone with no glasses on.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, so my iPad was a Christmas gift from over 10 years ago from my mum and the other day the iPad locked up for reasons I don't know.
This wouldn't be an issue as I know the password, however, I'm an idiot and I didn't realise I was miss spelling the password until I got it right and then was told I would have to reset it.
This is the issue as all the iPad Apple id stuff was my mum's information which I can't ask her any of it as she has since passed away.
I've called Apple to even get the account moved over to myself but they are saying that they would need a court order. If you have the slightest inkling of what could help me I would so grateful.
Ignore the errors please I'm writing this on my phone with no glasses on.
locked iPad
thanks in advance for any help

· Registered
641 Posts
Do a google search for 'iPad locked me out' and you'll find several suggestions. I've had that problem with an iMac and put it in recovery mode to get back in.
WARNING: you may lose items on the iPad when using recovery mode so hopefully you have a backup.

· Registered
2,439 Posts
I was locked out of mine and I had to hold down the home button at the same time as the on/off button for an extended period of time. I can’t remember if the iPad was on or off before I did this. I’d probably try it with it off first.

· Registered
65 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts